Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chocolate!!! Well, Sort of!!





Well, what I thought was chocolate colored rayon boucle and rayon slub was actually cordovan and has a somewhat purple cast to it but I like it anyway and it has the most marvelous drape! Haven't loaded it onto Etsy yet and I'm finding that my right hand and wrist is getting numb from all the mouse work...hmmm. I'm so addicted to Etsy...maybe a pillow under my wrist will help!! Gary says to take vitamin B6 so I took one...hate taking pills but maybe I'll take another one... :) Anyway, I had a lot of fun with this scarf, and have two more to go as well as cuffs! And I took off the cuffs from the "neutral" scarf (renamed Frosted Garden) and have to wash them before I photograph. My model, Katie, should be back from her trip today!! YAY!! I miss her.
I found a riding buddy last week!! I'm really happy about this because she is older (NOT older than me!! I'm older than dirt!!) and she loves Duke (how could you not!!). And next week we are both having my trainer come over for a lesson! The horses will go into shock, I know, but it is good for them!! I've been riding Dommie more and as he has gotten more in shape he has become a bit of a handful and he wants to run free in the fields when I think a trot is just fine! But at least he is forward and it's been a lot of fun with my new buddy, Anne!!!
Have a wonderful evening!
xo

11 comments:

  1. I stumbled across you blog a while ago via ETSY.COM and LOVE all of your products. Just yesterday someone honored me with the Kreativ Blogger award! I would like to pass it on to you as well.
    Your craft is definitely creative and absolutely stunning. Anything I can do to get the word out on your talent I will!
    So if you get a chance wander over to my blog and look at the post titled MY FIRST BLOG award. It has an image that you can place on your site to show your award.
    This is more of an award that helps spread the word about interesting bloggers. I hope my blogstalkers visit your site soon! No matter what I cannot wait to make my wish list of items to get for Christmas.
    http://princesscourtneysbarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cait... I love this new one! The colors are so rich and deep. It does look chocolatey, but I can see the purplish tinge in there too. No matter... it's gorgeous. I know what you're saying about the mouse and numbness... I get that way in my right shoulder and wrist if I spend too many hours sitting here. I try to limit to a couple hours at a time. Sometimes I'm not too successful at that. LOL. So glad you found an "older" riding partner... have fun with her, and with "breaking in" Dommie. More pics please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this one is my new favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cait, that's beautiful. I lvoe when people say riding. For you it's horses. for me it's my bicycle, for my friend Alex is motorcycles. I think there is a post here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, another beauty! It could be "chocolate cherry" or "chocolate merlot truffle"....I think I'm in need of some chocolate now!!!! Better run :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek! Wrote a comment yesterday and it's not here!!! It's lovely, chocolate or aubergine or chocolate cherry, it doesn't matter. Love this colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cait, I love earthy colors that are difficult to name -- the kind of colors that end in "ish" -- as in "purplish-brownish" etc. This is a beauty!
    Cheers,
    Andria
    http://katsarayarns.etsy.com
    http://etsylounge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarves are just so lovely. Wish I could afford them... in the mean time I will just come visit and suffer from scarf envy. LOL They look like works of art.

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much for commenting here!!!! It means alot to me! I have been sort of down this week because I have an unhappy customer...she thought the scarf she bought should have been more blue, instead it is mostly purple and pink with some blue, etc...and I told her she could pick out something else and that I would ship for free, etc...but nothing...just silence. sigh...all week...But I'm trying to lighten up because I did everything I could think of to remedy the situation so the rest is up to her! So thanks, you guys for being there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful color combination - your scarves are so wonderful that I would love one in every color!

    Sorry to hear you've had an unhappy experience - as you say - you've done everything you can to make the customer happy, so it's up to her now. Hope it is resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guys! And YAY the unhappy customer has decided that even though the scarf was more pink than she thought, she is happy again! And might buy another one!! So...all my worry for nothing and I'm happy she is happy!!

    ReplyDelete