Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Painted Mountains Scarf...

I got on pinterest last week and saw this amazing, amazing photograph of these painted mountains in Iceland by Marten Larsson and fell in love...


So of course out came my threads...


Onto the warping reel...


and weaving...



Too bad I do not have time to finish this one before I go but at least I got it on and can see what it is looking like!  Tomorrow morning Noah and I are renting a car to drive to Syracuse and meeting my sister Meg and her partner Darlene for our epic trip to Colorado.  However, I'm thinking ok Colorado is burning AND it is 104 degrees out there...wait, why are were going there???  Oh yeah, brothers and I actually like them.  So I have some reservations but I've never driven across the US before soooo...Here we go!  And I have my kindle, and knitting, and I'm trying to sneak in my potholder loom with loopers if they all fit in somewhere...

I'll take pictures!  And be back in two weeks!
xo

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! I hope you have a great time in Colorado with your family!

    Have a safe trip.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a magnificent time, Cait--and your painted mountain scarf is going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in the painted mountain warp. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is soooooooooo gorgeous. Have fun on your trip. :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cait - what a beautiful scarf - can't wait to see the finished item photos :)

    ReplyDelete