Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Annie's Striped Rainbow Towels 2015

For the past several years a friend-of-a-friend has ordered towels as Christmas gifts...Used to be 12 towels.  This year it is 24 towels.  Two slightly different warps as well...Below is 1/3 of the warp being wound.  Hopefully today I will be able to do another 1/3 and might be able to work some this week in between the puppy and my sister, Faith, visiting for some days.  I can see this is going to take a while!


Winding 16 towels (you never can have enough!) on the warping reel...


Close-up


All tied up so nothing slips and ready to chain off
in preparation for dressing the loom...


This is the wrap Annie liked...the proportions are not
as exact as I would like but I am fixing that
as I go...


Meanwhile it is another hot, stifling day...90 degrees
and you can't move without sweating...Kinda hot for
the North Country in September!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment