Monday, June 2, 2014

My horses...

Django and Duke are getting along well.  Here is Django coming in from the field because he just realized that Duke was already in.  Didn't expect to see Gary and a scary wheelbarrow.  He is such a personality here.  And has a mind of his own for sure!  Like when we come back from riding in the field and I want to go left to work in the ring and he wants to go right to the barn...I'm trying to work on making it more interesting to work in the ring...working on patterns so there is something new and he doesn't know what to expect.

Duke is being a trooper about being a lesson horse again.  He is a little resistive...like moving away from the mounting block when  Sandy tries to mount up.  And I have him on MSM for his muscles.  And he stops trotting whenever he feels like it so it is hard for her to get a rhythm going so she can work on her posting.  But to give him credit, I don't think anyone ever really trained him.  He is just good-natured enough to follow the lead horse and rarely if ever gives anyone a problem.

I have not been weaving at all.  Not sure why.  But obviously I need a break so I'm not concerned.

I've been getting acupuncture once a week for over a month now.  I was concerned about some itching going on...too reminiscent of when I got sick.  And fatigue, always.  I'm going to continue for a while longer.  After the last treatment I had a meltdown.  Poor Gary...the front of his shirt was teary.  In any case my acupuncturist said she wasn't surprised.  The emotional component of healing or something.  And then the next day I slept for 12 hours straight!  Weird.

So  I am totally feeling like a work in progress!  But my sister, Faith, is coming tomorrow!  YAY!  I can't wait to see her!  Like a mini-vacation!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Ah, always works in progress, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the horses are getting along and your new guy is working out well. He looks awesome in that video. Nice and shiney from the good care and the grass pasture!

    ReplyDelete