Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Horses Dommie and Duke!!

Did the chores this morning cause my husband has to be at work super early on Tuesdays. But as you can see from the pictures, my horses are not even awake at 8:00 when I go out! They are both a little fat so they can't go eat grass until noon and somehow I have to make time to ride but the bugs are so discouraging and the fly spray doesn't seem to help much...maybe I'll wait for the fall and not worry about it.



My 18 yo belgian/quarter cross is named Marmaduke (Duke) and my 18 yo leopard is Domino (Dommie). I've had my Dommie since he was 11 and I love him to pieces...Duke came to us last year from a school in Lake Placid, NY. He is sweet and kind and has scars on his face where some previous owner left a halter on when his head was still growing! So awful! but he is beautiful and has a noble face!

I'm off to work on my beautiful pink threads and see what I can produce today!








2 comments:

  1. Cait, your horses are beautiful. Dommie reminds me of a giraffe! Thank you for giving Duke a home. Wishing you much magic with your pink fibers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valerie! I know, Dommie's spots are really strange! When I was at my reunion (we won't say which one) I was talking to this woman who raised horses, blah, blah, blah, what kind? dutch warmbloods...she asked me what my horses were! Ha ha ha I said they were backyard horses! LOL!

    ReplyDelete