Saturday, September 29, 2012

September Wrap-up

Well, it has been an amazing month!  Loved visiting with Adam, Alicia and meeting Ava for the first time...After four wonderful days we went off to see my 91 yo Mom.  Three of my sisters (missed you, Faith!) came up and some nephews and nieces and a brother for a potluck.  And after one overnight we said a tearful goodbye and off they went to Alicia's Mom and relatives.  I am beyond thrilled that they made that enormous effort to see everyone with the baby. 

Alex, Noah, Ava, Cait, Gary, Alicia and Adam

Mom with Ava at 6 weeks


4 generations

OK...enough.  I miss them but life here goes on.  I've been putting on baby blankets on my 8-harness...Pictures will follow but right now I'm having trouble with my computer loading pics...One of my nephews is having boy/girl twins in October so I better get busy.  I had the boy blanket threaded and sleyed and when I started to weave it I realized that it was threaded completely wrong.  I don't know what is wrong with my brain.  Honestly, I was disgusted with myself especially since I have made this pattern before.  Can I still blame chemo????  Anyway, I backed everything off and redid it and now all is well.  I'm also knitting washcloths to give as gifts at Christmas.  They sell these on Etsy for like 3 for $9.  Really??!!!!!  It takes me three hours to make one!  These people must be crazy amazing knitters, that's all I can say.


 Oh...And I got Gary to hang the doors I have been saving for years.  We bought a rail to go on a barn door and the hardware and I spray painted them black.  This opening is too wide for one door so I thought this was a perfect solution for a guest room upstairs.  I also cut translucent plastic to put on the panes of glass for privacy.  Ran out before I did the top ones but I don't think it matters.  And I'm very happy with the look.  Also made MORE curtains with more painter's drop cloth.  The room worked out very well for the visit.  Now I think Noah will move in there because he is not home very often and he is neat and I can still use it for a guest room when he is at school.  Then we will move Gary's office to Noah's very small room.  Trim out the windows under those drop cloth curtains. Turn Gary's old office downstairs into a porch so I can see the horses...and finish the barn.  That's all.  Makes me want to take a nap.





Have a wonderful weekend!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Love your Ava....you will love her as much as I love mine, I am sure.
    Tell me about your baby blankets.......I did a rosepath pattern on my last one, but it didn't move me as much as I wanted.
    do you use 8/2, or something else??

    ReplyDelete