Monday, October 26, 2009

New Triangle Scarves





Finished two warm triangle scarves and have to take more pictures before I load them onto Etsy! These two are not as dressy as the other ones I have done--they are thick and warm and yummy, I think!! I haven't had time to do more triangle work though I have a class to teach on this in early November--maybe I will bring one to work on while I teach because I hate to have nothing to do!!!!

Just finished a dyeing day with a woman who won this in an auction to benefit out local arts council in Potsdam, NY. We dyed many, many threads which I had made up into skeins and soaked in soda ash for 1/2 hr or so. She also brought a length of cotton which we soaked and put in the middle of the table and we used it to mop up spills and she will use it to make confetti quilts! I don't know how she will do it but I want to see the end result! She has promised to come back in a couple of days when she has rinsed and dried her piece and I will take pictures of my threads when they are finished "cooking" in plastic wrap!

It was a wonderful day spent with another fiber person and on top of that I got a lot done! Have a happy Monday, everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. The scarves look all yummy and soft and huggable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sybille!! Now all I have to do is take the other four pictures of each! (chuckle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so nice! I've always wanted to try dying things but still never have. I showed some of your work to my mom, who is also a weaver, and she's back on the loom after quite some time! She was surely inspired. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sarah!! And Squirrely Whirls--your Mom is a weaver!!? Is she online?? Blog?? How cool is that! Will have pictures soon of the dyeing--right now they are all wrapped in plastic and still "cooking!" xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh... Cait, love these, especially the top one. I love the lines in them... such delicious rhythms there. And they do look thicker than your others... much more cuddly! Been missing your posts, figured you were busy with your work and with the "workshop" with the woman who won the auction. Glad to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca! Thanks! And I have been busy dyeing and working with the woman who won the auction...We did a day of dyeing and I might be able to post some pictures tomorrow! I'm not completely done dyeing for the winter and I'm still set up but did manage to get alot done--they are still soaking to get the excess dye out before I hang them to dry!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, i love triangle scarves! these are so lovely!!! i love the texture...they look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete