Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Warp for a Student...

Well, it's been awhile since I have had a student...but today I put on a warp for an acquaintance who bought my LeClerc 45-inch loom.  I haven't been using it since I moved it upstairs.  After I moved it a couple of years ago I realized that I didn't like working up there and needed to be downstairs where people come in and be near the phone.  I like to be able to hear cars coming up the driveway.  Anyway, I was getting along fine with my other looms so I sold this one.  I have also slowed down since cancer and chemo and I haven't been weaving such wide pieces anymore.

In any case, I am letting her learn on my Norwood, 22-inch loom.  My favorite and the first loom I ever bought.  Figured I would put on a pattern that could weave two shuttle as well as one.  I don't have a feeling for what she will like doing yet, but tomorrow will be playing in the morning and weaving off this piece and then learning to read drafts and treadling as well as making a little warp and re-warping this loom.  Then I will see how the time goes.  Usually I take two whole days with this but she seems to want to do it in a day.  Here's hoping for stamina!  






Will post more pictures as it goes!  Wish me luck!
xo

Oh yeah...first I need a ride in the morning on Django!  Going to be a little cooler and maybe not as many biting deer flies if we go very early!

No comments:

Post a Comment