Thursday, March 31, 2016

Continuing Update

Well...the catheter went fine.  I don't remember a thing.  Feeling very groggy for a day and quiet as well.  Not much appetite.  That was Monday.  Tuesday night I got the shakes woke Gary around 10:30 and we decided to go to the ER.  By the time I got there the heater in the car had stopped the shaking but I was nauseous.  So turns out I had a fever.  Also turns out that when two middle aged old people don't have their glasses on reading a thermometer is purely guesswork.  Heart enzymes elevated, white blood count normal.  Eventually (like at 5am) they decided that I did not have a heart attack, did not have an infection (though they are growing cultures still), but instead had a reaction to the invasion.  Makes sense but was something we were not prepared for.  So slept all day yesterday as well as a good night sleep last night.  I feel good.  All my arteries are good.  Just the valve is bad...soooo off to talk to a surgeon next week in Burlington, VT, though I don't think that is where we will go for surgery.  We'll see.


Here is a boring video of Magic and Hannah...Magic keeps her in line because she has very sharp claws that Hannah respects.

Thank you all for your caring.
xo

1 comment:

  1. Sending healing prayers your way.... glad you're relatively OK.

    ReplyDelete