Friday, March 7, 2014

We have a Date!!!

We have a tentative date, anyway...April 13!!!
This gives the weather
a chance to moderate somewhat,
the snow to melt,
the sun to dry the land.
I'm telling Duke tomorrow.  He is so quiet
and seems so lonely even though he
never got along with Miss Ellie.

Speaking of Miss Ellie...she is doing fine
over at a barn nearby and the owner/trainer
is going to buy her.  She actually seems happier
there probably because they are so at ease
with b*tchy mares.
And maybe because she has mare friends
and Duke isn't kicking her.

My Alex went down near Albany for a job interview
which went well and he is expecting to
get and accept this job.  My mechanical engineer...
Noah will be home tomorrow for a week
from Skidmore.  Hopefully when he
graduates this spring he will get a job fairly
close as well.  This letting go is a little
Yes another reason to fall in love with this horse...

And I sold this scarf already!
Just have to weave off two more!
Enjoy the weekend!


  1. What fantastic news! April will be here before you know it, and it sounds like a great plan to wait until then so you can get right into riding (well hopefully the weather will be better by then).

    Your scarf is just beautiful. I always look at your weaving for inspiration.


  2. What a gorgeous scarf! Cait, it looks like your weather is like ours--turning more beautiful with every day. Time to get back on the saddle :-)