Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Ideas...

Finally, I have freed up 3 of my 22" looms...I promised myself I wouldn't start anything really new until I got all the scarves and cuffs OFF!!! Usually I finish one scarf and go happily on to another loom to weave a different scarf instead of disciplining myself to stick to one loom. So today, to reward myself because of my amazing finishing ability, I have started a new type of scarf--this one will be about 10" wide and about 73" long (after washing, who knows!) and will close with buttons on one hemmed end and crocheted edged buttonholes on the other end. I've been dreaming about this one...you will be able to wrap it around and around your neck and button it closed.

I started winding the warp to start but it soon became too dark in the living room/loom room so I had to stop but I have a picture of the beginning! I tried to make it very subdued in color--sort of cloud-like and gossamer-like. hahahahaha...ok THAT didn't work. I even had names in mind like "lichen" or "tundra" or "windswept"... Now the name seems to be "riot" or "rainbow"... I tried, I really, really tried..



So here it is...the first 3 inches of the width and 4 scarves long...more to come tomorrow!
xo


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. I love the colors too. I have a whole set of new glazes to try out for your buttons. I am just getting back into the cold studio this weekend. Then we can get back to the buttons you made. Can;t wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe lichen and tundra will work out in the summer, when you need that kind of break. for now, why not some WARMTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cait: I'm catching up on blog posts-my own and others..and it's wonderful to see this..Will look forward to your next steps..and seeing the buttons!! Beautiful colors and length.. and no doubt names will come at the right time!!xo

    ReplyDelete