Saturday, March 11, 2017

Post Surgery

OK...diagnosed lung cancer but the surgeon is sure she got everything out.  The tumor was small and she took out the entire upper right lobe with robotic assisted surgery. 5 stab wounds right side and back. All lymph nodes tested negative as well.  Now to recover.  Breathing is a little affected but what is worse is nerve pain.  However they are giving me plenty of pain medication round the clock.  I even have to set my phone alarm to take meds in the night.  I'll be glad when I am healed.

Meanwhile I am still loading photos from before surgery!

Winding the warp on for towels

Threading the heddles

Weaving


Off the loom but before cutting and hemming
and washing and ironing and tagging!

Sofia modeling an clasped weft weave overblouse

Back of overblouse
That's it...time for a nap and more pills...Can't wait to get back to "normal" and have some energy!
Happy Saturday!
xo

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you, Cait, for a speedy recovery and back to full-power in no time! Love the images of your work.
    XOX Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dawn, thank you! I treasure your opinion! I am slowly recovering though I am impatient with the process! xoxo!

      Delete
  2. Best wishes for your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pia! Recovery seems such a slow process!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful weaving! And glad they got it all out - onward! (take it easy though, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen...Working hard at getting my strength back. I have so many weaving ideas and need a little minion to do the work! :)

      Delete
  4. Viel Kraft und gute Erholung.
    Liebe Grüsse
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for thorough healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar...I am trying to be patient with the healing process though I am on drugs enough that they won't let me drive yet and I'm beginning to feel like a prisoner! However, I have plenty of weaving supplies and new ideas to warp. So I will try to be content here in the snowy north!

      Delete