Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year...

I love the whole New Year thing.  Love starting over.  Love letting go of old stuff.  Making resolutions even when I know I won't keep them.  I love thinking that I might.  I might be nicer, might lose 10 pounds, might lift weights, might write letters, might, might...so many possibilities.  New beginnings.

Right now I am looking out at snow falling.  It is not too cold and so beautiful.  My Alex is still here on vacation and took Hannah out to play earlier.  Noah and Sofia were here for Christmas and her step dad came up in his plane (!) and flew them back to NYC.  I never did bake cookies...see?  Starting on that 10 pounds already!  The gifts given to me were beautiful and thoughtful.  I am ready to begin the new year.

Some highlights from Christmas...
 My 3 1/2 yo granddaughter, Ava at her recital in HI
Photograph taken by her father,
my son Adam, printed on metal!
(http://www.adamserra.com/) (shameless plug)

 The Tree!

 Yes...still do stockings!

I know...blurry...but here are two of my three guys,
Alex and Noah
and Sofia.

So.  January 2016.  It has been six years since my diagnosis and first surgery.  6 years.  I am grateful.  I am healthy.  I love my family and friends.  For those of you who read this blog, thank you.  

Let the New Year begin!  I'm ready!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years to you, Cait--and I completely identify with your being a forward-looking person, loving new beginnings. I do too! Keep up the beautiful work. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Cait! I love all the possibilities too :) Have a wonderful 2016! xo

    ReplyDelete